Well Water Facts & Education
Did you know…?
- About 800,000 water wells are drilled each year in the United States for domestic, farming, commercial and water testing purposes.
- In 1974, Congress passed the Safe Drinking Water Act to ensure that drinking water is safe for human consumption.
- Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45 percent, and can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79 percent. Plus, you are 50 percent less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Use this annual checklist to ensure your well is in good working order:
- Utilize a yield test, which measures the gallons per minute the well is pumping. This ensures your system has adequate output.
- Have an inspection of well equipment performed by a certified professional to ensure equipment is sanitary and performing properly.
- Opt for a water test conducted by a certified professional to check for coliform bacteria, nitrates, and other contaminates. This should be done annually, but, anytime you notice a change in taste, odor, or appearance, or there is a disturbance to the well such as a broken well cap, you should have your water tested.
- Call Adam’s Pump Service to determine if you need water well cleanouts or well repair.
Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
Water purified from a reverse osmosis water purifier is relatively pure and also odorless and colorless. Reverse osmosis water purification gives you water that is free of dissolved minerals. Equipped with the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from water and eliminate them, a reverse osmosis water purifier gives you water which is clean and pure and absolutely fit for drinking.
Fluoride, a harmful chemical that is also responsible for yellowing of teeth, is present in considerable quantities in tap water but water purified from a reverse osmosis water purifier is free of this chemical. The process of reverse osmosis removes hardness from water, giving soft water, which is apt for consumption. Reverse osmosis water is also free of sulfates, arsenic, aluminum, radioactivity, salts, detergents, bacteria and most viruses.
Therefore, if you are looking for clean drinking water at your home, a reverse osmosis water purifier is the best option. You will notice a change in the taste and even the color of your water. So stop compromising with that partially clean water provided by your water filter and have Adams & Sons Pump Service Inc. install a reverse osmosis water purifier.